jueves, 16 de junio de 2011

Some Sayings

Here are some sayings that you may here in North Carolina.  Check them out, you may learn something new... also, this may help you save some blushing situations...

"I'm going to beat the tar out of you..."
"I'm going to jerk a knot in your tail...."
"Mash the button" instead of press the button
"Dope" instead of soda or coke or pop. As in RC Dope and a moon pie.
"He's a few bricks shy of a load" for a stupid person.
"She's madder than a wet hen" for someone who is angry
"He is older than dirt" for an elderly person.
"Beauty is skin deep, but ugly is straight to the bone" - For an unattractive person.
"Crooked as a barrel of fishhooks." for a dishonest person.
"I ain't lookin" for I'm not looking for, as in "I ain't lookin a job"

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario